Achieve environmental sustainability through a strong commitment to environmental management.
EcoStar Accreditation is for tourism businesses that demonstrate the highest level of environmental management over and above Sustainable Tourism requirements.
EcoStar Accreditation assists businesses in achieving environmental sustainability whilst developing and promoting true Eco Tourism experiences.
The standards to be an EcoStar Accredited Business include:
- Managing impact and disturbance on the environment,
- Contributing to conservation and sustainability,
- Effective interpretation through the promotion, communication and delivery of product,
- Establishing an environmental risk management strategy,
- Supporting and benefiting the local community, and
- Recognition of the cultural and heritage issues of the area.